Latex Mattress Vs Memory Foam Mattress
When looking to buy a new mattress there are a lot of thing we are supposed to take into consideration. Will it be comfortable, will it last long, is it good value for money. This makes it hard for us to choose and even harder for manufacturer to be able to please every person’s needs.
But as we all know, latex and memory foam are considered to be the best type of material on the market right know. However, even when you know this it is not easy to choose between these two. So to make it easier for you, we have made a list of pros and cons of memory foam and latex mattresses. And we hope, you can find here the answer on your question – latex mattress vs memory foam mattress – what’s better for me?
- When you’re asking youself – latex vs memory foam mattress – what is better to buy? – think about your health. Latex mattresses are considered to be the healthiest ones because latex material is a natural organic substance that comes from tropical rubber tree.
- Latex is incredibly durable. Mattresses made with latex can last up to 15 years or more.
- Latex conforms to your body’s natural curves and at the same time you do not sink in the mattress.
- This is good if you like a firmer mattress.
- Mattresses made of latex do not give any kind of odor when they are new.
- Latex does not absorb the heat of our body, so if you want to sleep without feeling warm this is the choice for you.
- Pure latex foam is very expensive, and if you want to get the most natural organic latex you have to spend a big sum of money.
- If you are really worried about the carbon footprint you must be careful when choosing a natural latex mattress because often it is not known exactly how much it has been used.
- Latex mattresses are a little bit harder to find.
- If you have aches and pains when you sleep this might not be the best choice for you because latex mattresses do not have that type of support.
Foam memory mattresses
- It is easier to find memory foam mattresses.
- You don’t have to spend a lot of money to get decent quality.
- Memory foam is designed to cradle your body when you sleep. This is good if you are into more plush type mattresses.
- If your partner moves around when sleeping and that wakes you up, memory foam will eliminate this a little problem because they are esigned for that purpose.
- Memory foam conforms to your body shape which helps support major pressure points.
- Foam mattresses are made out of synthetic materials.
- If you hate being warm when you sleep, a memory foam mattress won’t help because they absorb your body warmth.
- There will be an odor that your mattress will give off when it is new. This is because your new mattress has to expand into the right shape.
- A memory foam mattress will probably not last as long as a latex organic mattress but some of the models have 20 year limited warranties.